Material Transfer Agreements

MTAs may be required to purchase materials (cell lines, mice, etc.) or transfer them to/from groups outside of the university.

Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and/or confidentiality agreements should be signed by an institutional official.

Agreements involving human materials can be requested from Columbia's Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA). More information and a request form are available online (via the SPA website). For questions, please email [email protected].

Agreements involving non-human materials are typically handled by Columbia Technology Ventures, the university's technology transfer office. These agreements can also be requested online (via the CTV website). For questions, please email [email protected].

Note: If you are a new PI moving to Columbia and transferring materials to the university that are related to an existing grant, any necessary MTAs may be created by SPA instead. Please discuss any issues with your department/divisional administrator.